At the Unitarian Church of Sharon we create social justice opportunities for anyone who wishes to participate. You can help in small or large ways. Here are some examples:
- Help us make bag lunches each month for MainSpring House (homeless shelter)
- Help us serve dinner at MainSpring House
- Shopping for Justice: When you shop or buy something for the local food pantry, bring it to church, and we will deliver it for you. You can also use supermarket gift cards, bought at church, in which you receive full value for your gift card and the supermarket returns to us 5% of the amount. We use that entire 5% for responding to hunger and homelessness
- Fair Trade Sales: buy your coffee, tea, chocolate and other items at our Equal Exchange Table at church and you support Fair Trade while raising money for social justice work.
- Volunteer as a tutor or teacher in our English for Speakers of Other Languages class
- Contribute through our weekly brown envelope program to support important social justice organizations and charitable agencies
- Travel to Nicaragua with our group living and working with a local educational and medical center.
- Be in touch with someone in our Unitarian Partner Church in Romania.
- Join the work of our ongoing commitments to the LGBTQ community
- Join our Social Justice Planning/Steering Committee (meets monthly) or one of our four on-going task forces: Environmental Justice, LGBTQ Concerns, Hunger and Homelessness, Prison and Immigration Reform.
There are always ways to participate in the work of creating a more humane and loving world community. Read our monthly newsletter The Chalice for how you can participate.