Church is closed; Meet online
March 16 - March 29
Dear Unitarian Church of Sharon,
The Board and staff have been following the spread and impact of COVID19 across the world and in our country. Like many organizations we have discussed how to keep our community safe, what measures to take and how to move forward during this time of ever changing news. The Center for Disease Control (www.cdc.org) has provided guidance on prevention, including limiting large gatherings, social distancing and hand hygiene. These actions will slow the spread of COVID19.
Given the current information available and much discussion, the church Board, Minister and Director of Religious Education have decided to move our church functions online (virtual) and by phone. This action will help our congregation and our community reduce face to face contact, slowing COVID19 transmission. We recognize this is a big change, and a sad one. It is also a necessary, temporary step. The Church and our ministry will be open, and virtual.
The next steps for our congregation:
- We will have church services and religious education this Sunday, March 15 as usual. There will be no coffee hour.
- We will implement video conferencing for those who do not want to attend the service. If you anticipate staying home, please keep checking your email, as we will soon send a link to join our Sunday 3/15 service remotely via Zoom. If you need assistance using Zoom, please contact our Administrative Assistant Leslie Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After services on March 15th, we will offer a quick tutorial on how to use Zoom in the Library.
Starting March 16 through March 29 we will:
- Not have Sunday church services, religious education, committee meetings or any other events at the church. Our minister and staff may be in the office, but may also work from home.
- Our church services will be teleconferenced, using Zoom. The link will be sent to you before the service via email. Zoom allows for sharing joys and concerns and to otherwise participate in the service.
- Our religious education program will also utilize Zoom to provide education. Louise Marcoux will be sending a separate email to parents about the programming.
- Events during this time will be rescheduled when possible.
- Committees will continue to function and meet and can use Zoom, phones or may meet off site.
- The Caring Committee, via our Minister, will continue to be available. Jolie can be reached at 781-784-3652 x2 or 617-851-9356 or by email at email@example.com.
- Please return your pledge sheets by this Sunday, March 15 or by mail at 4 North Main St, Sharon, MA 02067 or online at www.uusharon.org/pledge . Our stewardship campaign is ongoing and the results will sustain our church and congregation’s important work. An update on the pledge campaign will be made during our virtual church service on March 22.
We plan to return to regular operations on Monday, March 30th. Because of the evolving nature of COVID19, the Board will meet on March 18th (via Zoom) to review our current situation and will notify you of any changes.
Your help, understanding and support during this interesting moment makes all the difference! The experience of “social distancing” is difficult for us – we are social beings, we yearn for connection, for closeness, for hugs and kisses, for handshakes and high fives. Being together physically is how we are used to doing church! So during this period when we are being asked to keep a physical distance from one another, remember, we are all still connected, we are all still a community. A sacred thread connects us all, a thread of love. Please keep in touch.
Yours in faith and faithful handwashing,
Rev. Jolie Olivetti, Minister
Susan Drisko, Board President
Use this link to submit an event for inclusion on this calendar. Required information includes the title of the event, date and time, venue (room), and organizer name and email address. Your event submission will be held for approval by the administrator. Be sure to allow up to 7 days for your event to appear.