UU of Sharon Greeters!
As a greeter, you are the friendly face of the congregation and extend an invitation to all who would like to join us, therefore being friendly and welcoming is most important.
Before and During Service:
- Please arrive 20-25 minutes before the start of the first service.
- Before each service (the 10:00 am and 10:30 am) make sure brown envelopes and music books are distributed in the pews.
- Recruit someone to ring the Paul Revere bell at 9:55 and 10:25
- Greet people as they enter the sanctuary for each service and hand out the orders of service (one per family).
- Collect the offering for each service, starting with the front row. Please wait to begin passing the baskets until after the Offertory music has started. Once all the rows have been collected bring the baskets back to the pulpit by walking down the middle aisle. (Empty baskets are kept on the bench as you enter the sanctuary).
- Count the number of people attending each service and record in the book on the bench.
After the service:
- Take the baskets to the church office to count the money and checks.
- Check the sanctuary to straighten the pews, pick up and recycle orders of service, and redistribute the brown envelopes and music books.