At the Unitarian Church of Sharon we create social justice opportunities for anyone who wishes to participate. You can help in small or large ways. Here are just a few examples:
- Help us make 100 bag lunches each month for MainSpring House (homeless shelter).
- Shopping for Justice: When you shop or buy something for the local food pantry, bring it to church, and we will deliver it for you. You can also use supermarket gift cards, bought at church, in which you receive full value for your gift card and the supermarket returns to us 5% of the amount. We use that entire 5% for responding to hunger and homelessness.
- Fair Trade Sales: buy your coffee, tea, chocolate and other items at our Equal Exchange Table at church and support Fair Trade while raising money for social justice work.
- Contribute through our weekly brown envelope program to support important social justice organizations and charitable agencies.
- Take action for Climate and Environmental Justice.
- Find out more about our Unitarian Partner Church in Romania.
- Join us in our ongoing commitment to LGBTQ Welcoming and Equality.
- Participate in our work for Racial Justice.
- Be a part of our Social Justice Committee (meets monthly).
There are always ways to participate in the work of creating a more humane and loving world community. Read our monthly newsletter The Chalice for how you can participate.