At the Unitarian Church of Sharon we work together to create social justice opportunities for anyone who wishes to participate. You can help in small or large ways. See the Social Justice News in the monthly Chalice newsletter for current opportunities. Here are some examples:
- Help us make 100 bag lunches each month for guests at Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
- Shop for Justice: You can also use supermarket gift cards, bought at church, in which you receive full value for your gift card and the supermarket returns to us 5% of the amount. We use that entire 5% for responding to hunger and homelessness.
- Fair Trade Sales: buy your coffee, tea, chocolate and other items at our Equal Exchange Table or order for monthly pickup at church. Support Fair Trade while raising money for social justice work.
- Donate and deliver to local food pantries: Bring food donations to church and someone will deliver them to Stoughton, or you can volunteer to bring collected donations to the food pantry.
- Contribute through our weekly brown envelope program to support important social justice organizations and charitable agencies.
- Take action for Climate and Environmental Justice.
- Find out more about our Unitarian Partner Church in Romania.
- Join us in our ongoing commitment to LGBTQIAP+ Welcoming and Equality.
- Participate in our work for Racial Justice.
- Be a part of our Social Justice Committee (typically meets monthly on the first Sunday of the month at 12 noon in person and on Zoom).
There are always ways to participate in the work of creating a more humane and loving world community. Join us!