The UCS Search Committee has selected the Rev. Jolie Olivetti as the candidate to be our new minister. You can read more about her by clicking here. There will be a Congregational meeting on Sunday May 5th after the service to vote on whether to call her as our settled minister. Our web site (UUSharon.org) has links to a variety of information about Rev. Jolie.
During candidating week (April 28th through May 5th) there will be many opportunities to meet with her, get to know her, and ask her questions. This includes a number of meetings she will be having with both individuals and committees. In addition, she will be leading worship services (both adult and family) on April 28th and May 5th.
There are also several times during the week when Rev. Jolie will be available for you to talk with her without any appointment. Please take advantage of one or more of these opportunities:
- Sunday April 28th – There will be an extended coffee hour (with snacks) after the 10:30 service. Rev. Jolie will first meet and share snacks with the children and then be available to all for coffee hour conversation. A light lunch will be provided.
- Tuesday April 30th – Rev. Jolie will be holding open office hours in the minister’s study from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm for anyone who wants to stop by and talk.
- Wednesday May 1st – All are welcome to an afternoon tea in the Vestry anytime from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. (An RSVP to Beth at email@example.com is appreciated but not required). If you would like child care, please let us know ahead of time.
- Wednesday May 1st – Rev. Jolie will be holding open office hours in the minister’s study from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm for anyone who wants to stop by after work.
- Friday May 3rd – Rev. Jolie, along with her partner Adam and daughter June, will be at the first Friday pot luck that will start at 5:00 pm and go until 7:00 pm.
In addition there will be separate scheduled meetings during the week. We hope you will find the time to meet and get to know our ministerial candidate before the Congregational vote on May 5th.